anyone else?

From: Millbrook (a.barton_at_virgin.net)
Date: 09/02/04

Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 14:29:34 GMT

Hi Folks,

I recently get about 3 - 5 e-mails a day asking me if they can pay
$40,000,000 into my bank.

Obviously I know it is a scam, but does anyone know of a way of stopping
these e-mails?
Sometime they also contain various viruses.

Thanks in advance
Lisa

Relevant Pages

  • Phake Banks and Websites: Ways to Shut Them Down
    ... bank appears tied to an e-mail scam. ... down eight fake bank web sites in less than 48 hours!" ... Scam Alert - Can't Win for Losing The catch: ... The variations of Advance Fee Fraud are ...
    (comp.dcom.telecom)
  • Phony check fraud is surging. Heres how to spot this scam.
    ... New Scam That Rips Off Consumers ... Welch's and Bank of America have in common? ... have had their corporate identities stolen and placed on fake checks ... in a new scam that rips off consumers. ...
    (misc.consumers)
  • Re: Cyber Crimes?
    ... >>>Given this sobering information about seniors and consumer fraud, ... Bank of the West's real site has a warning about ... >>except they wanted me to create an account before submitting. ... But these scam artists ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • OT - Scammers offering payback
    ... I don't usually even glance at these before hitting delete, but this scam ... SCAMMED VICTIM/ $500,000.00 USD BENEFICIARIES. ... UNITED NATIONS in Central Bank to pay 10 victims of scam $500,000.00 USD ... Do contact HSBC INTERNATIONAL BANK, ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • FARVA did it!
    ... Bank that recently fell victim to the scam. ... A few days later her bank account was wiped out. ... Hylton says she is one of several customers of First Community Bank to ...
    (rec.sport.pro-wrestling)