Re: Mass Mailing worm problem, please help

From: David Postill (david_at_postill.org.uk)
Date: 08/27/04

Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 14:38:28 GMT

In article <cgn9eb$bou1@imsp212.netvigator.com>, on Fri, 27 Aug 2004 20:28:11 +0800, "chris"
<router88@sinaman.com> wrote:

| Hi All,
|
| I got a very serious problem. My email server keep having the "relaying
| denied" message and I think some of my clients' pc got infected. However,
| the email didn't show which pc or from which IP address the email are sent
| from. Therefore, I would like to know how can I check it out or any software
| can help??? And also, how can I identify which virus my clients' pc are
| infected. As it made us can't send out any email with message below
|
| Mail server: WinRoute Pro 4.2.5 at ctw.com.hk
| Error description: message could not be delivered, server replied:
| 550 5.7.1 <teix@ter.hk>... Relaying denied
| Original message is attached.
|
| Anyone can help?? Please help me...Thanks alot.

What's wrong with looking at the server logs?

>From <http://kerio.apposite.com.hk/product/winroute%20_pro/mail.htm>:

"Logging: For diagnostic and regulatory reasons the Kerio WinRoute
administrator can trace all email processing using the Mail and Debug logs."

<davidp />

--
David Postill

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Beta testers for Web server Security Log Analysis
    ... Isn't it a bad idea to wait for everybody for sending in their server logs? ... > through the web servers log files on a daily basis, and report on any ... > any way - looking for open relays, FORM data manipulation, URL ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Can I do an HTTP DELETE in Perl?
    ... My server logs> nothing. ... > I have written several methods that perform other http methods. ... Check your server documentation. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: *** REST, large POST, and "Server Error" (for gurus only)
    ... "The server encountered an error processing the request. ... See server logs for more details" ... Any ideas how either 1) how to figure out what the REAL error is, or 2) how to send very large XML sets via REST POST? ...
  • Re: ActiveSync 403
    ... I setup another VDir on the server for ... then limited this VDir to ONLY grant access from ... and the IP of my palmtop! ... >> at the server logs to see if they show anything? ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)
  • Re: ActiveSync 403
    ... I setup another VDir on the server for ... then limited this VDir to ONLY grant access from ... and the IP of my palmtop! ... >> at the server logs to see if they show anything? ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless)