Re: Best Firewall

From: Voodoo (desmondlewis_at_sarku.com.my)
Date: 08/26/04

Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 14:28:13 +0800

I have use a lot of software based firewalls to at least twart off
intended/unintended inturusion on my pc. But still I cant say that certain
particular product is better than the other. I run 3 software based
firewalls, firewall of choice: BlackIce, Norton Internet Security &
Zonealarm; for windows based PC. Sides that i put my LAN internet connected
behind 'hardware' supported firewall with SATAN to 'help' on the connection
activities.
So all I could say is your choice of firewall depends on your internet
constraint usage, sensitivity of information stored on you PC and type of
information you wish to share/extract from the internet. Well that is just
my humble opinion.

Thanks & Regards.

"Allen" <dont@spam.me.com> wrote in message
> I am looking for advice on upgrading my free Zonealarm package.
> Should I stay with Zonealarm and go for the Pro version or should I use
> another product.
> So what's your best choice of firewall.
> I have Mcafee antivirus also but may consider changing that if there any
> bundled packages.
>
> Cheers
> Allen

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Firewall confusion
    ... do a telnet on port 7265 on a server. ... You're taking the ZoneAlarm example too literally. ... applications can access the internet. ... Configuring the OpenSUSE firewall. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: avast
    ... > Just did a clean installation of xp pro sp1 and download 'avast anti ... Did you firewall before connecting to the internet? ... Internet and patch with the critical updates? ... Why you should use a computer firewall.. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Some networking does not work
    ... The machine worked fine for some time but suddenly internet stopped working. ... No other firewall is installed At least not as I can see in the control panel ... Error 65 is usually caused by a firewall program, such as ZoneAlarm, ... Reboot and try accessing the network again. ...
  • Re: Modem with NAT firewall, do I also need a software firewall?
    ... Network Address Translation firewall and Stateful Packet ... Zonealarm installed. ... reconnect to the Internet. ... If you need outgoing protection - you're already messed up. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: XP NOT RESPONDING
    ... Did you have a firewall going before connecting to the internet? ... Microsoft has these suggestions for Protecting your computer from the ... Why you should use a computer firewall.. ... are pay - some you can only download if you are registered - but it is best ...