Re: JumpDrive security?

From: KBob (KBob_at_nowhere.net)
Date: 08/18/04

Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 14:40:40 GMT

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 09:02:26 -0400, "Bob Newman" <bobnewman@att.net>
wrote:

>I am looking for some type of privacy software, either to hide or a simple
>password protection would do for folders that would be appropriate for use
>on a JumpDrive USB data device. Because it would be moved from computer to
>computer it could not require any software on the hard drive.

I've got a Lexar "Jumpdrive Secure" that has built-in security by
means of password protection. Here's the URL:
http://www.digitalfilm.com/jumpdrive/jd_secure.html

Relevant Pages

  • Re: JumpDrive security?
    ... >password protection would do for folders that would be appropriate for use ... >on a JumpDrive USB data device. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • JumpDrive security?
    ... I am looking for some type of privacy software, either to hide or a simple ... password protection would do for folders that would be appropriate for use ... on a JumpDrive USB data device. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: password protect a second drive
    ... I certainly understand what you are saying Bruce. ... change or remove permissions (had knowledge of this option but never had ... password protection on all the files on it just in case I loose it. ... I think that takes care of the original folders and files on the computer. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Windows security Question
    ... time they try to access my shared folders? ... >> On the XP computers, they do not seem to offer password protection ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Password protection for folders and picture files
    ... file/folder permissions to individual users and/or groups. ... > Is it possible to password protect folders? ...