Re: eblaster intrusion

From: dono (dono_at_queyosepa.net)
Date: 08/17/04

Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 01:06:25 GMT

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 18:55:31 GMT, johnk@pceffect.co.uk (John F
Kappler) wrote:

>Thanks for that comprehensive list Chuck.
>
>We do have up to date Virus scanning (Norton), and are firewalled
>(most of the time), and we had run Ad-Aware, which had found nothing.
>I must admit that it never occured to me that AV software would find
>something like that...
>
>I'll work my way through the rest of your list (which I'll keep on my
>noticeboard for future reference.
>
>Thanks again,
>
>JohnK
>
>p.s. Will work on the e-mail addressing too!!
##########################
If you don't have norton running remove the registry keys manually.
You can also search the registry for eblaster. The keys are listed on
the following site.
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/spyware.eblaster.html

Relevant Pages

  • Re: eblaster intrusion
    ... We do have up to date Virus scanning (Norton), ... , and we had run Ad-Aware, which had found nothing. ... Will work on the e-mail addressing too!! ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: browser possessed: res:shdoclc.dll/dnserror.htm
    ... This has been a very vexing problem for some time now, ... research into it seems to indicate that running Ad-Aware with the latest ... Another tool which has shown itself to be somewhat effective is CWShredder ... Norton Firewall and Internet ...
  • Re: Way OT ?? Help!
    ... program has NEVER had any sort of spyware in it, ... The Norton suite he talks about is rather amateurish and way too expensive ... between Spysweeper and Ad-Aware you still have pop-up ... Norton 3-days to clear out all of the spyware that Adaware had ...
    (rec.pyrotechnics)
  • Re: Folder Options Problem
    ... I do have Ad-Aware, Spybot, and Hijack This. ... Also, Norton ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Icons dont activate
    ... You are needing to thoroughly clean your system, ... Don't depend on Norton. ... Ad-Aware will solve this for you. ... 2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)