Securing Data on HD

From: John F Kappler (johnk_at_pceffect.co.uk)
Date: 08/12/04

Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 08:55:03 GMT

One aspect of data security that I'm not certain about is securing
files on my hard disk....

If my PC was stolen or lost, and contained some data that I would like
to keep secure, what is the best way to secure those files.

I have considered using PGP to setup a secure disk space, but seem to
remember that this can be cracked? Is this so? and is there a better
method?

TIA,

JohnK

Relevant Pages

  • RE: [Full-disclosure] Apache suEXEC privilege elevation / information disclosure
    ... PETER H GREGORY, C|CISO, CISA, CISSP, CRISC, PCI-ISA | Data Security ... All software, especially webservers, should ship with secure ... untrusted customer code is running blame the admin which doe snot ... symlinks are well-known as attack vector for years! ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: Things I Dont Understand About Debian
    ... But if the machine is in fact clean you will have lost nothing but time. ... i don't think your examples are very good / secure. ... security, ... shit about anonymous your risk has gone up and you loose tons ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Global variables question
    ... Property Let ThisVal(arg As String) ... standard module) where the variable can be declared as "not" static but ... Property is much more secure than a global variable, ... underlying static variable has lost its value for any reason and needs to be ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)
  • Re: =^..^= Meow
    ... secure, darkest and secluded place it could to heal. ... He will live.....an elderly father of my neighbor just lost his cat (fell of ... Through one of the air vent holes appeared the face of a cat. ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)
  • Re: Tech stuff
    ... My daughter lost her iPhone this week. ... her bag in a nightclub on some little Indonesian island off the ... As secure as any idiot using them. ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)