Re: Bit Defender firewall?

From: Anonymous (
Date: 08/11/04

Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 15:27:58 +0000 (UTC)

"SleeperMan" <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote in news:9kfMc.515$F6.97610

> I just installed Bitdefender antivirus and from i see, it has built in
> firewall. I wonder, is it any good ? Momentarily i have installed Norton
> firewall, so i wonder, should i dump Norton or disable bitdefender's
> firewall?

Use neither. I would recommend you use Kerio personal firewall instead.
Its free and provides better security and uses fewer resources than both
NPF and BDF.

The email address used is fake.  Any replies will not be read!
If you want to reply, reply to the newsgroup instead.
Visit my computer security website!

Relevant Pages

  • Cant Browse to Add Networked Printer after Virus/Malware Attack
    ... PC a month ago, installed Norton 2005, WiFi setup on her new Dell ... she soon discovered she could no longer print from the laptop. ... Checked USENET and - began suspecting Windows Firewall ...
  • RE: Norton Firewall 2005
    ... I am at my wits end. ... Yes I did try to contact Symantec, ... >>off the firewall everything works like it did. ...
  • Re: Nvidia Firewall Issues
    ... Open up nVidia Firewall by right-clicking on the shield in the system tray. ... > After I installed Norton, I went to open outlook express and the firewall ...
  • settings question
    ... I just reformatted my computer with XP Pro. ... I also installed Norton ... System Works and Firewall 2005. ... Is there a setting I need to adjust? ...