Firewalls.....

From: Tyrant (nospamgtidriver_at_ntlworld.com)
Date: 08/10/04

    Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 19:41:38 GMT

    I have a Linksys broadband router (WRT54G). This has a firewall.
    Do I need to run anoher program, like Norton Firewall, or will the Routers
    Firewall suffice.

    Many thanks for your help.
    Rgds
    Neil

    • Linksys WRT54G: Laptop send unsolicited packets
      ... Micro firewall on laptop). ... Linksys broadband router. ... I'd really like to have firewalls on both computers and in addition to ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: internet explorer / connection problems
      ... speaking with QWest (isp), D-Link, and Actiontec ... and the connection was verified. ... Disabling the XP firewall and the Norton ... UNINSTALL the Norton firewall and see if this helps. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: internet explorer / connection problems
      ... > recently experienced similar problems with pages not loading etc. ... > and the connection was verified. ... Disabling the XP firewall and the Norton ... UNINSTALL the Norton firewall and see if this helps. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: My 2@ Worth on Firewalls
      ... >>>computer until Nortons Firewall was installed with their factory ... > hackers were using my computer, a number of testing methods were used ... >> computer" until you installed Norton Firewall. ... >> before installing Norton, how did you know whether or not anyone had ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: 2 quickies re: fire walls and quick launch
      ... >> No2 first. ... Did you try R-click drag and select "move here". ... It will tell you how to enable or>> disable the firewall. ... My>>> new computer, an HP, came with Norton firewall but I'm not going to>>> activate it but isn't>>> there also one inherent to XP? ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)