Re: fake email

From: Wary (
Date: 08/10/04

Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 10:37:35 GMT

"Juergen Nieveler" <> wrote in message
> "Wary" <> wrote:
> > How do I detect if this has been done?
> Check the header generated by your mailserver on delivery (the line
> saying where he received the mail from) to see if it matches the rest
> of the headers (coming from the same ISP, for example).
> Everything else can be faked, and there's no way to tell if it is.

Does this extract from a SpamCop report show the headar is a fake?

Parsing header:

(InterMail vM. 201-229-121-137-20020806) with ESMTP id
<> for <x>; Fri, 6
Aug 2004 13:30:06 +0100 found
host = (cached)
host (checking ip) =
Possible spammer:
Received line accepted
Relay trusted (

Fri, 06 Aug 2004 16:29:45 +0400

16:29:45 +0400
no from found
host (getting name) no name
Possible spammer:
Possible relay: not listed in has already been sent to relay testers
Received line accepted

Relevant Pages

  • Re: PHP Mail() and Exchange Server
    ... The exchange server is apparantly set to DENY email relays. ... In other words it does not accept mails from others that its own domains, to prevent people using it for mass spam relay. ...
  • Re: Geblockte IP trotz T-Relay Server
    ... Wenn alle IPs im Header gecheckt werden machen es einfach keinen Sinn ... einen Relay Dienst zu benutzen. ...
  • Re: comet backbox question about relay...
    ... General Illumination Relay Board Assembly ... one 2-pin header ... CPU board 1J12 (header connector 1P12) and the wire color is ... the non-banded end of the diode would connect to this lead. ...
  • Broken pipes and single quotes
    ... Once in a while my ever smooth running mail relay (sending to and from our ... internal Exchange server) starts creating a queue and refuses more or less to ... That email shows a large number of recipients on the To: header (approx. ... and the thingy that refuses this message to be relayed are the single quotes ...
  • Re: fake email
    ... > Check the header generated by your mailserver on delivery (the line ... Possible spammer: ... Relay trusted ...