Re: Medium setting in IE ok for home user?

From: Steve Horsley (shoot_at_the.moon)
Date: 08/05/04

Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 00:53:18 +0100

Franky wrote:
> Leythos <void@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
>>Once you get your machine cleaned, you can make the following
>>changes to your Internet Explorer settings to help keep web
>>sites from installing bad things on your computers.
>>
>>There are a couple simple things that you can do if you are
>>using IE, they make browsing a little more of a challenge, but
>>they make it more secure and still provide full ability on
>>sites you trust: {pasted below]
>

> Mark/Leythos
>
> When I tried these settings you recommended I found there were
> quite a few sites which I could not access properly.
>
> Are some of your settings below more "aggressive" than is really
> necessary wand which I could weaken off?

Depends how often you want to have to reinstall Windows.

Steve

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Default browser
    ... To reset Internet Explorer settings ... [[If you installed another Web browser after installing Internet Explorer ... You can reset your Internet Explorer settings to their original ...
  • Re: Default browser
    ... To reset Internet Explorer settings ... [[If you installed another Web browser after installing Internet Explorer ... You can reset your Internet Explorer settings to their original ...
  • Re: Medium setting in IE ok for home user?
    ... Franky wrote: ... >>changes to your Internet Explorer settings to help keep web ... >>sites from installing bad things on your computers. ... > necessary wand which I could weaken off? ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Medium setting in IE ok for home user?
    ... Franky wrote: ... >>changes to your Internet Explorer settings to help keep web ... >>sites from installing bad things on your computers. ... > necessary wand which I could weaken off? ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)