Re: security problem? - spw9a message

From: Chuck (none_at_example.net)
Date: 08/04/04

    Date: 4 Aug 2004 14:11:08 -0500

    On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 12:14:45 +0000 (UTC), "george" <NOSPAM@btinternet.com> wrote:

    >Thanks for your reply. I do have both ad-aware and spybot and neither have
    >detected any problems, so I am a little puzzled...

    George,

    If neither AdAware or Spybot S&D provide results, try HijackThis.
    <http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=3155>

    Create a separate folder for HijackThis, such as C:\HijackThis - copy the
    downloaded file there. Then, run HijackThis ("Scan"). Do NOT make any changes
    immediately. Save the HJT Log.
    <http://forums.spywareinfo.com/index.php?showtopic=227>

    Finally, have your HJT log interpreted by experts at one or more of the
    following security forums (and post a link to your forum posts, here):
    Aumha: <http://forum.aumha.org/index.php>
    Net-Integration: <http://forums.net-integration.net/>
    Spyware Info: <http://forums.spywareinfo.com/>
    Spyware Warrior: <http://spywarewarrior.com/index.php>