security problem? - spw9a message

From: george (NOSPAM_at_btinternet.com)
Date: 08/01/04

Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 17:49:47 +0000 (UTC)

Hi All
Recently my pc pops up every so often the following message:
"Your pc is infected by spyware, go to swp9a.com to download spy cleaner..."
I run norton security 2004 and also have latest updates from ad-aware and
spy bot, none of these have detected a virus/spyware utility on my pc. What
is this thing?
Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • security problem? - spw9a message
    ... "Your pc is infected by spyware, go to swp9a.com to download spy cleaner..." ... I run norton security 2004 and also have latest updates from ad-aware and ... none of these have detected a virus/spyware utility on my pc. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • security problem? - spw9a message
    ... "Your pc is infected by spyware, go to swp9a.com to download spy cleaner..." ... I run norton security 2004 and also have latest updates from ad-aware and ... none of these have detected a virus/spyware utility on my pc. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • spyware
    ... network.com/index5.html that in sequence opens a bunch of ... it says download spy ... Don't let spyware software change your ... The newest version of SPY WIPER now stops unauthorized ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)