Re: mstask.exe replaced?

From: Julie Larson (julie.larson_at_gmail.com)
Date: 07/19/04

Date: 19 Jul 2004 10:40:05 -0700

"Andy Smith" <andyPLZNOSPAMgwen@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:<t2DKc.457$Yw3.455@bignews3.bellsouth.net>...
> I think it has happened twice. The first time Norton firewall was reporting
> that mstask.exe was trying to access the internet. NotePad.exe was as well.
> I killed notepad with no problem but ended up disabling mstask in the
> registry and the deleting the suspicous files.
> This time the process could not be stopped, the files could not be deleted.
> I booted off the recovery cd, then removed the suspicious files. Anyone else
> seeing this?
>
> Thanks,
> Andy

Yes, today on my machine, the firewall blocked Notepad.exe which
wanted to access the internet? Is this a new bug? McAfee Virus Scan
has nothing to say about it.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: mstask.exe replaced?
    ... The first time Norton firewall was ... >> that mstask.exe was trying to access the internet. ... >> registry and the deleting the suspicous files. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • mstask.exe replaced?
    ... The first time Norton firewall was reporting ... that mstask.exe was trying to access the internet. ... I killed notepad with no problem but ended up disabling mstask in the ... registry and the deleting the suspicous files. ...
    (alt.computer.security)