mstask.exe replaced?

From: Andy Smith (andyPLZNOSPAMgwen_at_bellsouth.net)
Date: 07/19/04

Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 18:50:07 -0400

I think it has happened twice. The first time Norton firewall was reporting
that mstask.exe was trying to access the internet. NotePad.exe was as well.
I killed notepad with no problem but ended up disabling mstask in the
registry and the deleting the suspicous files.
This time the process could not be stopped, the files could not be deleted.
I booted off the recovery cd, then removed the suspicious files. Anyone else
seeing this?

Thanks,
Andy

Relevant Pages

  • Re: mstask.exe replaced?
    ... The first time Norton firewall was ... >> that mstask.exe was trying to access the internet. ... >> registry and the deleting the suspicous files. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: mstask.exe replaced?
    ... The first time Norton firewall was reporting ... > that mstask.exe was trying to access the internet. ... > registry and the deleting the suspicous files. ...
    (alt.computer.security)