How is symm. Algorithm chosen in SSL?

From: Frank Sauer (frank_at_freemail.com.cy)
Date: 07/18/04

Date: 18 Jul 2004 13:15:04 GMT

Hi there!

Can anybody tell me how server and client decide, with symmetric algorithm
is used in SSL? And which are at the moment implemented? Any reliable
source?

Thx!
Frank

Relevant Pages

  • SSL and IPS (was RE: ssh and ids)
    ... How many simultaneous SSL sessions can be tracked?" ... I assume you're talking about a case in which the client constantly ... If you walk the possible session id space and ... The server chooses the session ID, ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • Re: IIS6.0 + SSL Breaks down!
    ... Ok, I asked the IIS SSL developer, and he gave me the details. ... bad public specification on SSL make SSL Client Certificates ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: Can SSL sessions be compromised?
    ... etc) attachments using webmail during these SSL sessions. ... who the client thinks the server is ... ... part of this has to do with the fundamental digital certificate and PKI ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: OpenSSL read/write timeouts
    ... This is an example of a SSL client with minimum functionality. ... This SSL client verifies the server's certificate against the ... the SSL server does not request & verify the client ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Using SSL with IIS 5.0 - how does it work.
    ... Description of the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Handshake ... username and password when users authenticates to server (e.g. to check ... his/her e-mail) (client sends this data to the server) ... If you want your users to trust your SSL certificate ...