Re: Google Picasa steals e-mail address and sends it to company

From: Dave McAuliffe (DaveMcA_at_mailinator.com)
Date: 07/17/04

Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 17:40:09 -0400

"xpyttl" <xpyttl_NOSPAM@earthling.net> wrote in message
news:10fidsc9787aif0@corp.supernews.com...
> "Dave McAuliffe" <DaveMcA@mailinator.com> wrote in message
>
> > or is our address in some universal location in the registry?
>
> Take a peek at HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Account Manager\Accounts

Absolutely. After I did the post I took a look at the registry, "email",
and my addresses are all over the place including the key you mentioned.
>From OE settings (NG and mail) to non-M$ software registration info. It
really contradicts the phrase "what you don't know can't hurt you".

--
Dave
Central Mass. USA

Relevant Pages

  • Re: registry hacked under XP limited account
    ... >> The thing I want to know is that the registry can be modified ... Running as limited account does VERY LITTLE to stop ... running with administrative rights is a VERY BAD HABIT. ... This tactic will NOT be effective against future malware. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • RE: Moving user account from NT to Win2k3
    ... I found that there is no "Shared icon" under folder in the tree ... After importing the registry successfully, you may want to restart the ... When creating a new user account, the SID of the account has been ... Microsoft Online Partner Support ...
  • Re: Can you back up mail account settings in Outlook 2007?
    ... Thank you for clarifying about the registry key paths etc. ... its original factory settings, in order to determine whether an issue I have ... Outlook Express did- but it is not the same program as Outlook. ... two letters of every password for every account on both profiles. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Dear Patti
    ... Can I Load/Register Them into my Registry ?? ... for EXAMPLE I dont have ... Add Remove Windows Components ... When I log off and i go and log on the Adminstrator Account,, That Problem Is Not There!! ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: XP Wont Log-In; returns Me to Welcome Screen
    ... but doesn't correct the registry damage. ... This is particularly useful if you have an OEM installation ... Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at ... Only now it shows teh desktop, or> rather just the wallpaper, for a split second and then goes to the welcome> screen and shows my account on there like it would if you have numerous> accounts or an account with a password. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)