F-Secure Installation problem

From: William Tucker (rekcutwSPAM_at_htomail.com)
Date: 07/16/04

Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 16:28:11 -0700

I posted last week asking about F-Secure. My ISP allows three licenses per
account. I installed two of them, one on the kid's computer and one on the
wife's computer--they work fine. Yesterday I found time to install it on my
computer and encountered a no-go twice. My computer would hang before
Windows (XP) could get fully loaded. It would click and start trying to
load again. I finally had to boot to safe mode and uninstall F-Secure and
then my machine would start fine. I checked the documentation and this was
one of the known problems but I don't feel like uninstalling my McAfee and
trying to reinstall F-Secure again until I think I might have a clue as to
why this is happening. All three machines are basically the same--HP's 2.0
Ghz AMD, Athlon processor, 512 MB DDR SDRAM, 80 GB HD, etc. They basically
have the same programs installed on them. The only thing my machine had
installed on it that was never on the other machines was a trial copy of
Evidence Eliminator. This has been uninstalled for several months and I
keep my registry clean with TweakNow Registry Cleaner. Anyone have any
ideas?

Relevant Pages