Anonymizer/Zonealarm Problems

From: Paul Anderson (paulandersonNOSPAM_at_saddleworth.net)
Date: 07/11/04

Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 19:38:27 +0100

I have used Zone alarm (free) for years with no conflicts or problems. Since installing
Anonymizer 2004 I'm having a nightmare with Zone alarm. I am repeatedly having to give
permission for programs to access the internet. Also upon boot-up I'm getting
crashes/freeze ups as Zone alarm is asking me to give permission to all my programs at once.

Anyone had similar problems or can give any advice? A recommendation of another free
firewall I could try would be helpful as well.

Thanks.

Paul.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: OT: firewall program
    ... I install it on every personal computer that I repair. ... ANything without permission to access the internet will open a small ... I am inclined to agree that of the software solutions that Zone Alarm free version probably best fits the OPs stated requirements for an idiot proof cheap firewall. ... Not that a dialup modem can ever use sufficient bandwidth to cause much trouble. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: OT: firewall program
    ... I install it on every personal computer that I repair. ... ANything without permission to access the internet will open a small ... I am inclined to agree that of the software solutions that Zone Alarm free version probably best fits the OPs stated requirements for an idiot proof cheap firewall. ... Not that a dialup modem can ever use sufficient bandwidth to cause much trouble. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • SP2 Firewall
    ... One of the things I like about zone alarm is that you have to give ... permission to every program before it can access the net and if you install ... I'm wondering if the firewall with SP2 has the same features? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Zone Alarm Amnesia!
    ... reinstall Zone Alarm (remember that during installation, ... configuration" [or whatever it is to keep the same settings you had from a ... previous installation from coming up again]). ... it has forgotten all permission and every ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)