Re: Startup password ?

From: Mr Nobody (me_at_privacy.net)
Date: 07/05/04

Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 11:41:32 +0100

On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 00:24:25 -0600, "D.Currie"
<dmbcurrie.nospam@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"Mr Nobody" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message

>> What's the matter with OTF encryption? It is transparent to the user.

>Encryption's fine for some things, but if the technician has access to that
>account to do repairs, the files are perfectly accessible.

If files are encrypted the technician can't see their contents unless
he has the password.

--
Mr Nobody

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Best way to inform/store username and password info
    ... admin or other account with admin access via group membership. ... When a technician needs access, ... Tech calls IT center with machine name. ... IT center creates a new account on that machine for the tech, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • RE: How to set first account set up as "limited"?
    ... xp thru windows explorer....Try installing xp by booting to xp cd,delete ... "Ken the Technician" wrote: ... least one account name; this is NOT optional, and I cannot skip by it. ... Administrator, and go to Control Panel/Users, the option to make this account ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • ************SORRY TO KIP & ALL*********
    ... Rono. ... Now, standby voltages ok: + 139 vdc, ... Sadly, this outdated, older Tech,, repairs ... I'm a Technician, maybe ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)
  • Re: ************SORRY TO KIP & ALL*********