Re: Security of Web-based email question

From: Kleeb (kleeb_at_host.domain)
Date: 07/01/04

Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 23:25:11 +0100

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 16:36:50 -0400, "Andrew" <atangel@nospam.hotmail.com>
schrieb:

>Then why not put the same info on a postcard? Do postmen read all the
>postcards they deliver? Nope. Too much mail to deal with... But they
>read some. And so do IT staff, but those with an axe to grind, the
>bored (as you mention), the curious, the office stalkers, and of
>course, the "new" guys, to whom all this tech is still very new a fun
>to play with...

Good points. I've gone on minature 'crusades' about privacy, metaphorically
speaking, particularly with regard to encrypting emails, but I've come full
circle again and decided it just isn't worth my effort.

If people really are concerned, they'll find out for themselves. They don't
need me whinging on at them.

I actually think it's quite healthy to be a bit paranoid. The trouble is,
you can always get *more* paranoid, but never *less* paranoid than what you
currently are. At least in my case. :)

Regards,

Kleeb.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Code Comprehension
    ... Prehistoric C compilers were even weirder in this regard. ... Which is exactly why you use whitespace. ... You all think I'm paranoid, ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: July FSM
    ... With regard to Squadron, am I being paranoid or is more and more of ...
    (rec.models.scale)