Re: Is Windows firewall a supplement to third party FW?

From: Mhzjunkie (mhzjunkie_at_hellzbellz.net)
Date: 06/27/04

Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 11:01:56 -0400

 Tom McCune spewed out this bit, and i'll scatter a few bits myself :

> "Hem" <no_reply@please.com> wrote in
>
>> XP Home, SP1. Is the ICF intended as a supplement to third party
>> firewalls? What I mean by this is if I use a third party fw should I
>> deactivate the Windows one or leave it on. Thanks.
>
> My two cents:

Aren't worth the slobber it took to drip them out.

--
Mhzjunkie
Programmer: alt.os.windows-xp

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SP2 slowed my virtual machine 50%
    ... Windows XP with SP2 will obviously run slower than SP1. ... Windows firewall, etc. So, yes, there would be a hit in performance. ... The alternative is to run SP1 and a third party firewall, ... popup blocker and antispyware software as well as antivirus software ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.virtualpc)
  • Re: Is Windows firewall a supplement to third party FW?
    ... > If you wish to use a third-party firewall, ... Is the ICF intended as a supplement to third party ... What I mean by this is if I use a third party fw should I ... >> deactivate the Windows one or leave it on. ...
  • Re: Is Windows firewall a supplement to third party FW?
    ... > If you wish to use a third-party firewall, ... Is the ICF intended as a supplement to third party ... What I mean by this is if I use a third party fw should I ... >> deactivate the Windows one or leave it on. ...
  • Re: Is Windows firewall a supplement to third party FW?
    ... >> XP Home, SP1. ... Is the ICF intended as a supplement to third party ... What I mean by this is if I use a third party fw should I ... PRINT "Windows XP ERROR" ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)