Re: IE6 Secruity Zones

From: \ (dvader_at_deathstar.mil)
Date: 06/26/04

Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 17:38:38 -0400

>In IE6, is there any way to get the restricted zone to be the default zone?

By default zone I assume you mean the internet zone. The simplest way to get the
same results is to set the security for the internet zone to the same values set
in the restricted zone. Then you can use the restricted zone for anything you
want. "Restricted" and "Trusted" are just names for two user specified zones
that have to be manually assigned to a URL. Any URL not in one of those two is
treated as defined in the Internet Zone (the default).

crash@gpick.com?subject=Techtalk (Do not alter!)
http://lists.gpick.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: restricted sites zone in IE
    ... ((All hail Spybot S&D)). ... >> the Restricted Zone is a good thing. ... there are no Web sites that are assigned to the Restricted ... >> the Restricted Zone to help protect you. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: restricted sites zone in IE
    ... Having disreputable sites in the Restricted Zone is a good thing. ... there are no Web sites that are assigned to the Restricted ... IESpyAd and Spywareblaster will put sites in the Restricted Zone to help protect you. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: NPF problem
    ... select Internet Zone Control from the left-hand pane and the interface to ... both the Trusted and Restricted Zone should pop up in the right-hand pane. ... Select the tab for the Trusted Zone. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Security Zones Default Settings Swap
    ... I wanted to have my restricted zone as my default zone, ... I started playing around with the registry settings and did a little ... The turns the previous internet zone into the new restricted "high security" ...
  • Re: Page with Mark of the Web not Trusted
    ... and Require server verification is not on. ... my domain to other zones (Restricted Zone, Local Machine Zone) then my pages ... >> corner of IE shows Internet zone). ...