Re: Re: laptop security

From: Andrew (atangel_at_nospam.hotmail.com)
Date: 06/22/04

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 15:17:54 -0400

6/18/2004 10:10:19 PM

Allen Anderson <allen@sparkysystems.com> wrote in message

<oq77d0dlqojg90ij1ahp0p1cp1uv7os1sp@4ax.com>

> Company secrets and data mostly that I have to work with as well as

> contacts.

> It is information that a foreign government would potentially want

> access, so the encryption needs to be very strong. Performance
really

> isn't important as long as its secure.

I'm kind of surprised that your company doesn't have a policy and
product in place already. As I was reading through the thread, I was
wondering what level of security you wanted. I'm happy with my BIOS
and disk password and standard EFS with XP and Syskey. But I'm just
spitefully protecting against laptop lifters and some personal
financial data that I can invalidate if I need to. NOT sufficient for
you.

This really sounds like something that needs to be explored in a
larger context. What the bad guys don't get from your laptop, they
will get from someone else's. People are the weakest link.

Andrew

--
Composed with Newz Crawler 1.7 http://www.newzcrawler.com/