Re: D-link dsl-504 cant block ports

From: Hairy One Kenobi (abuse_at_[127.0.0.1)
Date: 06/17/04

    Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 10:23:31 +0100

    "rello" <relloman@beasty.com> wrote in message
    news:40d0cfe7.1187497@news-server...
    > hi we have a network of two sharing a dsl connection
    > port scans from grc and sygate both reveal many ports open..in fact
    > only about 6 are stealthed.......the strange thing is if we install a
    > software firewall,,,[tried kerio and zonealarm] we get exactly the
    > same result...i have used kerio b4 on a small network with no hardware
    > and found it to be pretty excellent...i can only assume the the router
    > is to blame....it is supposed to have a firewall that obviously is not
    > working properly...
    > any advice on securing this network gratefully received

    1. Turn off the DMZ function (note - this is just a Wild Ass Guess)

    2. See if there is more up-to-date firmware available

    HTH

    --
    Hairy One Kenobi
    in the first place. So there!

    • Re: BlackIce vs Sygate
      ... BlackIce out, which came to my machine on July 18th, 2002. ... flashing network traffic lights -- double-click the shield. ... > and cons between BlackIce and Sygate that XY made in another thread. ... > communications based on port number and source IP address [instead of by ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • RE: Printing from Win9x clients stops
      ... > and make sure this software does not interfere with SBS Server. ... > clients, please disable it and try again. ... Create a local printer and redirect the port to the network server. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • RE: SBS 2003, ISA 2004
      ... ISA and IIS try listening on these two ports. ... by default the Web Proxy is listening on port 8080 ... of the local network adapter. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: ERS 8600, simple setup, IP, VLANs, etc.
      ... management port is just used to hang an IP address to. ... associated with an interface, such as a VLAN. ... fairly functionally homogenous network), but something that is ... or OS virtuallization - except that networks have been doing this kind of ...
      (comp.dcom.sys.nortel)
    • network slowness/freez-up since update 10/11
      ... network problems: first the network is slow (even within a few ... network - but not the rest of the system - just locks up (can't ping ... OHCI version 1.0, legacy support ... <Parallel port bus> on ppc0 ...
      (freebsd-current)