D-link dsl-504 cant block ports

From: rello (relloman_at_beasty.com)
Date: 06/17/04

Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 23:03:16 GMT

hi we have a network of two sharing a dsl connection
port scans from grc and sygate both reveal many ports open..in fact
only about 6 are stealthed.......the strange thing is if we install a
software firewall,,,[tried kerio and zonealarm] we get exactly the
same result...i have used kerio b4 on a small network with no hardware
and found it to be pretty excellent...i can only assume the the router
is to blame....it is supposed to have a firewall that obviously is not
working properly...
any advice on securing this network gratefully received
relloman