Re: Private address range IP visited web site

From: Colonel Flagg (
Date: 06/10/04

Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 12:49:48 -0400

In article <40c80d43$0$58824$>, says...
> I have one of those web traffic analyser things on my web site. The site is
> hosted on linux at a web hosts, not here. Yesterday there were reports of
> somebody visisiting from which is a private IP address isn't it?
> Is this somebody trying to hide their IP address or something? Should I be
> worried?
> Yours, Emily

could be someone on the NOC LAN visiting the website?

Colonel Flagg
Privacy at a click:
A: None, he just defines Darkness? as the new industry standard..."
"...I see stupid people."

Relevant Pages

  • fastest mirror sites for
    ... "an actual business computer on a network. ... Any version of Linux could be used in the capicity. ... "of Windows software forever. ... their web site and download page and there is a "HUGE" list of "Mirrors" ...
  • Re: BadVista action & BBC looking for Linux advocates in debate
    ... following link might serve nicely to promote Linux: ... "On the BBC web site in the technology section, ... wow moments with us. ... would like to take Mr. Gates up on his open invitation. ...
  • Re: Boot disk with utilities
    ... partition and restore an image. ... I recognised your Linux association immediately when I visited your ... NTFS format. ... I went to your web site and clicked on what seemed to be the right ...
  • Re: Why the Linux Desktop Just Wont Work! and why Linux depresses me.
    ... available as plug-ins for FireFox running on either Linux or Windows. ... > about their support for Firefox and Opera, and ask them to ... But for each IE-Only web site, there are plenty of competitor web sites ...
  • Re: Linux and spyware?
    ... >>An article in today's paper alleges that Linux and MacOS are just as ... And how can spyware be detected and eliminated ... > web browser extensions or in stuff like JavaScript. ... > things up further, so that if you visit that web site again, they can ...