Re: disconnect a hacker

From: Bill Unruh (unruh_at_string.physics.ubc.ca)
Date: 06/09/04

Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 01:42:05 +0000 (UTC)

"klunk" <klunk@hotmail.com> writes:

]I've been experiencing a sustained series of hacking and attacking attempts
]on my Web server.

]I have disabled unnecessary services, am running a software firewall and
]have taken every precaution and implemented every preventative method I
]encounter to ensuring my security.

]When I run "netstat -an", I can still see the hacker connected to port 80 on
]my Web server through several ports on his end.

Why is he a hacker? Port 80 is the http port. Since you are a web server,
people have to connect through port 80.
Why isn't he supposed to?

]What I want to know is if there is a way to kick this guy off my system
]while he is at it?
]Can I run a command from my Win2K system - command shell window or otherwise
]that disconnects him?

Are you really running Win2K as a web server? Oh well.