Re: ebay IDENTITY THEFT

From: Hairy One Kenobi (abuse_at_[127.0.0.1)
Date: 06/06/04

    Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 11:04:02 +0100

    "Plompetta" <wiriowq@neibwdwqd.net> wrote in message
    news:c9teae$pp0$1@news7.svr.pol.co.uk...

    > "Bill Unruh" <unruh@string.physics.ubc.ca> wrote in message

    <snip>

    href="httq://mounirhacker.free.fr/ebay/">http://www.ebay.com/accounts/member
    > /avncenter/?dll874432</A>
    > > (Of course the above might well be misread by some people's news readers
    > si
    > > I changed http to httq)
    > >
    > > Thus if your email program supports html tags, it will show the second
    > > address but open thefirst.
    > >

    > > Now I understand. What makes no sense is why the phisher did not bother
    > to use an IP address or at least hex code the URL.
    >
    > Still suspicious but less so than as above.

    Different skill levels. Note the use of "hacker" in the account name (which
    usually indicates anything but ;o)

    --
    Hairy One Kenobi
    in the first place. So there!

    • Re: I have an opinion on global warming!
      ... can hint to others that they direct their opinions on that subject to ... taken away if you put a "Global Warming" tag on it. ... Or a "For the Children" tag. ...
      (rec.aviation.piloting)
    • Re: Just for the record
      ... John's tag line is reaction to Krause's insistence that a fetus has no right to come to term and be born. ... Both have the right to their opinions. ... So maybe we can drop this currently unresolvable issue and turn our attention to our meddling Congress, who has apparently arbitrarily ruled on the unknown. ...
      (rec.boats)
    • Re: PHP and Internet Explorer
      ... In this button tag you can place the image. ... It's only Usenet, no one dies. ... My opinions, not the committee's, mine. ... Simple RFDs www.ckdog.co.uk/rfdmaker ...
      (comp.lang.php)