Re: Why does Windows Explorer keep wanting to connect to the internet?

From: Louise (none_at_nospam.com)
Date: 06/02/04

Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 17:59:03 -0400

In article <93Cuc.632265$Ig.53496@pd7tw2no>, ada@totallyfaked.com
says...
> Why does Windows Explorer keep wanting to access the internet?
> This last hour I've denied access thrice.
> Zone Alarm logged it as blocked from connecting to internet (127.0.0.1 Port
> 1364) once, and
> 233.255.255.250 twice.
> I've checked and checked with virus and trojan scans, but can't find what is
> making it call. This has never happened before.
>
> Ada

If you're not using wireless, check to make sure it's on manual; if not,
it's running all the time

Also consider the following link - look at all the posts:
http://www.michaelbraly.com/archives/000153.html

Also check indexing and search companion
http://www.windows-help.net/WindowsXP/tune-20.html

Louise