Re: Why does Windows Explorer keep wanting to connect to the internet?

From: Louise (none_at_nospam.com)
Date: 06/02/04

Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 17:59:03 -0400

In article <93Cuc.632265$Ig.53496@pd7tw2no>, ada@totallyfaked.com
says...
> Why does Windows Explorer keep wanting to access the internet?
> This last hour I've denied access thrice.
> Zone Alarm logged it as blocked from connecting to internet (127.0.0.1 Port
> 1364) once, and
> 233.255.255.250 twice.
> I've checked and checked with virus and trojan scans, but can't find what is
> making it call. This has never happened before.
>
> Ada

If you're not using wireless, check to make sure it's on manual; if not,
it's running all the time

Also consider the following link - look at all the posts:
http://www.michaelbraly.com/archives/000153.html

Also check indexing and search companion
http://www.windows-help.net/WindowsXP/tune-20.html

Louise

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Why does Windows Explorer keep wanting to connect to the internet?
    ... > Why does Windows Explorer keep wanting to access the internet? ... > This last hour I've denied access thrice. ... "He who controls Google, controls the world". ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Why does Windows Explorer keep wanting to connect to the internet?
    ... Why does Windows Explorer keep wanting to access the internet? ... This last hour I've denied access thrice. ... Zone Alarm logged it as blocked from connecting to internet (127.0.0.1 Port ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: MS programs that bug and call home
    ... > For Windows Explorer, I set Zone Alarm to allow trusted access ... > and block Internet access. ... > IE), my email app, and Microsoft Help and Support. ... >>If I set Automatic updates to off and let me do it, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: temporary Internet Files that will not delete
    ... One way in which I have been successful in deleting files ... >I go into the Internet Options or when I use Windows ... >of these annoying things like when I use Windows Explorer ... >the Fonts folder and other folders. ...
  • Re: Cant find message
    ... Temporary Internet Files folder is a Virtual Folder and a Namespace object. ... They are hidden from Windows Explorer and Search. ...