Re: Why does Windows Explorer keep wanting to connect to the internet?

From: Mimic (null_at_void)
Date: 05/31/04

Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 12:55:41 +0100

"A.D.A." <ada@totallyfaked.com> wrote in message
news:93Cuc.632265$Ig.53496@pd7tw2no...
> Why does Windows Explorer keep wanting to access the internet?
> This last hour I've denied access thrice.
> Zone Alarm logged it as blocked from connecting to internet (127.0.0.1
Port
> 1364) once, and
> 233.255.255.250 twice.
> I've checked and checked with virus and trojan scans, but can't find what
is
> making it call. This has never happened before.
>
> Ada

127.0.0.1 is localhost, your machine.
Windows has a strange way of having to loop round and connect to itself
Its wont cause you any problems, its todo with something it displays I
forget what
, i think it might be the search function.

--
Mimic
Social Engineering - Because theres no patch for human stupidity.

  • Re: Why does Windows Explorer keep wanting to connect to the internet?
    ... > Why does Windows Explorer keep wanting to access the internet? ... > This last hour I've denied access thrice. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: MS programs that bug and call home
    ... > For Windows Explorer, I set Zone Alarm to allow trusted access ... > and block Internet access. ... > IE), my email app, and Microsoft Help and Support. ... >>If I set Automatic updates to off and let me do it, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: temporary Internet Files that will not delete
    ... One way in which I have been successful in deleting files ... >I go into the Internet Options or when I use Windows ... >of these annoying things like when I use Windows Explorer ... >the Fonts folder and other folders. ...
  • Re: Cant find message
    ... Temporary Internet Files folder is a Virtual Folder and a Namespace object. ... They are hidden from Windows Explorer and Search. ...
  • RE: Windows explorer starts up during load up
    ... Every time I start my computer, the 'windows explorer' starts up and ... Connections>> Double click Internet Options. ... Then click on Advanced tab and scroll down to under the Browsing Option: ... Then click on Programs Tab and click Manage Add-Ons and Disable all non ...