Why does Windows Explorer keep wanting to connect to the internet?

From: A.D.A. (ada_at_totallyfaked.com)
Date: 05/31/04

    Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 08:31:01 GMT

    Why does Windows Explorer keep wanting to access the internet?
    This last hour I've denied access thrice.
     Zone Alarm logged it as blocked from connecting to internet (127.0.0.1 Port
    1364) once, and
     233.255.255.250 twice.
    I've checked and checked with virus and trojan scans, but can't find what is
    making it call. This has never happened before.

    Ada