Why does Windows Explorer keep wanting to connect to the internet?

From: A.D.A. (ada_at_totallyfaked.com)
Date: 05/31/04

    Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 08:31:01 GMT

    Why does Windows Explorer keep wanting to access the internet?
    This last hour I've denied access thrice.
     Zone Alarm logged it as blocked from connecting to internet (127.0.0.1 Port
    1364) once, and
     233.255.255.250 twice.
    I've checked and checked with virus and trojan scans, but can't find what is
    making it call. This has never happened before.

    Ada

    • Re: Why does Windows Explorer keep wanting to connect to the internet?
      ... > Why does Windows Explorer keep wanting to access the internet? ... > This last hour I've denied access thrice. ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • Re: Why does Windows Explorer keep wanting to connect to the internet?
      ... > Why does Windows Explorer keep wanting to access the internet? ... > This last hour I've denied access thrice. ... "He who controls Google, controls the world". ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • US Navy Hacking of Lyme Activist on Foreign Soil
      ... For some weeks I and others researching topics of interest to the Lyme ... I have had indications of interference in my communications before, ... mobile phone service providers, a Europe-wide internet provider, AoL, ... blocked from connecting to the Internet.,N/A,N/A ...
      (sci.med.diseases.lyme)
    • Re: Bare min. install with problems - Email, VPN
      ... MX settings on their domain hosting or do I need to have the ISP do anything ... >> connecting to the office but for connecting to the internet to get ... >> pull their email through the Exchange server. ... All they need is to connect to the Internet, ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Basic questions for new install
      ... Internet during the process. ... Some people Order the Media but do the SP1 from ... router, two nics, static IP, etc. which are very good. ... employees connecting to their machines using pcAnywhere which requires us ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)