Re: How secure is your Windows Computer?

From: Beauregard T. Shagnasty (a.nony.mous_at_example.invalid)
Date: 05/29/04

Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 15:07:57 GMT

the back cover and end up at the front?
chapter one or do you start somewhere near
When reading a book, do you start at

> I guess you bottom, like to re-read tons of
> posts just to get to the new part? Doesn't make a lot of sense.
> If it is top posted, I see the meat of the message immediately and
> if I want clarification, I can then scroll down to see what has
> been quoted.

But if is a lengthy post, how will you know which part the reply is for?

> However, you can do as you see fit, and I will do
> likewise. Contrary to popular belief, there is no 'correct' way of
> quoting a post...writer's choice.

There are certainly a lot of recommendations...

To quote from this last link:

There are three reasons I do not like top posting.

First, top posters tend never to snip, never to shorten that to which
they reply. So people whose download time costs money are wasting
money downloading enormous lengths of stuff they have already read.

Second, and connected, is that you do not know with top posting
whether someone has written something else later on, so do you waste
your time going through it?

Neither of these would matter if top posters snipped, but they tend
not to.

Third, it is much easier to read things in order, and you can see with
good Netiquette how easily it flows. Let me give you a made-up example:

    -This space intentionally left blank.