slooow connection

From: Senturon (senturontemp_at_charter.net)
Date: 05/27/04

Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 10:18:20 -0400

I'm running a cable connection at 100Mbs....just recently my connection has
'apparently' dropped to that of an old dial up connection, giving me 30Kbs
if i'm lucky. I checked the lan connection, it appears as tho everything is
alright there, i have also checked other computers on the network and they
seem fine, so it leads me to believe that i have some sort of adware/virus
on my system. I just ran spybot again, it came up with a couple things, but
didn't solve the problem. I run AVG and Norton on my system and they found
nothing either. Perhaps i'm just missing something simple, but if anyone
could help out it would be greatly appreciated, this one has me stumped.
Thanks.

~Senturon

Relevant Pages

  • Re: from whence electrical-conduit locknuts?
    ... about a sudden lowering of resistance in that connection while working it, ... in nervous shock ... You were very lucky you didn't get a belt from it as well ..I had one ... Maybe that's why most of my electrical career involves 5, 12, maybe 24 ...
    (sci.electronics.components)
  • Re: from whence electrical-conduit locknuts?
    ... about a sudden lowering of resistance in that connection while working it, ... in nervous shock ... would have worked right the second time. ... You were very lucky you didn't get a belt from it as well ..I had one ...
    (sci.electronics.components)
  • Re: Spyware, malware, worms, viruses...
    ... that the longer you are connected the bigger the window of opportunity ... with mine via wireless connection, it was my Achilles heel and we had a ... Forget it twice and he or she will have to be TWICE as lucky. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Orange Sim-only deals not 3G?
    ... (lucky I asked) ... cs confirmed that unless I bought a phone from Orange they ... could only issue a 2G SIM. ... They can't provide a 3G SIM-ONLY connection!! ...
    (uk.telecom.mobile)
  • Re: Rookie Question on recent WAN security issues
    ... Super-sized fries if you are ... >> researching and identifying any recent WAN security issues to write ... simply a general overview of connection ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)