Re: Security bug in Winamp

From: (
Date: 05/26/04

Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 20:19:16 GMT

On Wed, 26 May 2004 16:01:35 GMT, Piotr Makley <>

>A few months ago I heard there was a security exposure in my Winamp
>So I disabled one of the DLLs as instructed by some website. My
>MP3s now have *lots* of background noise.
>I am told there is a fixed Winamp 2.81 which I can download but I
>can't find it on the Winamp site. Can someone tell me where the
>fixed download is?
>Or is there a different free "high-fidelity" player I should use
>instead of Winamp? I don't want anything bloated! And I don't
>want anything which has poor quality replay capability. And I
>definitely don't want anything with ad-ware.

I've replaced Winamp by Quitessantials
and I'm not intending to go back to Winamp after the version 3
debacle... They are ok,... but Quint is better, stable, good-looking
and potent.

Protect, clean, tools, office, webbuilding
newsfeeds, entertainment, searching
+ the internet addiction test!