Re: Security bug in Winamp

From: NonDisputandum.com (webmaster_remove_at_remove_nondisputandum.com)
Date: 05/26/04

Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 20:19:16 GMT

On Wed, 26 May 2004 16:01:35 GMT, Piotr Makley <pmakley@mail.com>
wrote:

>A few months ago I heard there was a security exposure in my Winamp
>2.81. http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/303934
>
>So I disabled one of the DLLs as instructed by some website. My
>MP3s now have *lots* of background noise.
>
>I am told there is a fixed Winamp 2.81 which I can download but I
>can't find it on the Winamp site. Can someone tell me where the
>fixed download is?
>
>Or is there a different free "high-fidelity" player I should use
>instead of Winamp? I don't want anything bloated! And I don't
>want anything which has poor quality replay capability. And I
>definitely don't want anything with ad-ware.

I've replaced Winamp by Quitessantials
and I'm not intending to go back to Winamp after the version 3
debacle... They are ok,... but Quint is better, stable, good-looking
and potent.
http://www.nondisputandum.com/html/live_streaming_music.html

--
www.nondisputandum.com
Protect, clean, tools, office, webbuilding

Relevant Pages

  • [Full-disclosure] Multiple vulnerabilities in Winamp Web Interface 7.5.13
    ... Application: Winamp Web Interface ... C] buffer-overflow in the browse, download and load functions ... In my tests doesn't seem possible to exploit the bug for executing ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Multiple vulnerabilities in Winamp Web Interface 7.5.13
    ... Application: Winamp Web Interface ... C] buffer-overflow in the browse, download and load functions ... In my tests doesn't seem possible to exploit the bug for executing ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: Security bug in Winamp
    ... >So I disabled one of the DLLs as instructed by some website. ... >I am told there is a fixed Winamp 2.81 which I can download but I ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Security bug in Winamp
    ... >So I disabled one of the DLLs as instructed by some website. ... >I am told there is a fixed Winamp 2.81 which I can download but I ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: SUCCESS AT LAST
    ... >> version which had the .ogg file as I hardly ever download music. ... to ogg files is under Sound-Player on the same page I did the search. ... well I got Winamp so was able to access Rikard's stuff. ... Can you roll your R's like Rikard? ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure)