Virus jdbgmgr.exe

From: Quercus Robur (Quercus_at_knowhere.com)
Date: 05/18/04

Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 02:41:56 GMT

Just received an Email from a friend as follows below. And I did find it on
my
computer too and deleted it. How did this get by Norton? Do I need to
contact my 'address book'?

Martin O.
I just found out that I received a virus that automatically is passed
through e-mail address books. I did find it on my computer. Since you are
in my address book, you will probably find it in your computer too.

The virus called jdbg.exe is not detected by Norton or McAfee Anti-Virus
systems. The virus sits quietly for 14 days before damaging the system.
It is sent automatically by Messenger and by address book, whether or not
you sent an e-mail to your contacts.

Here is how to check for the virus and how to get rid of it. PLEASE DO
THIS ASAP It will only take a minute.
1. Go to Start, then click your "Find" or "Search" option.
2. In the folder option, type the name jdbgm
3. Be sure to search your C Drive and all the folders and any other
drives you may have.
4. Click "Find Now"
5. The virus has a teddy bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe DO NOT OPEN
IT!
6. Go to Edit (on the menu bar) and choose "Select All" to highlight the
file without opening it
7. Now go to File (on the menu bar) and select delete. It will then gothe
recycle bin.

If you find the virus, you must contact all the people in your Address
Book
so that they may eradicate the virus from their own address book.

To do this:
A Copy this message or paste onto a new e-mail message
B Click the icon Address Book next to "TO"
C Highlight every name and add to "BCC"

Relevant Pages

  • jdbgm virus
    ... The virus has a teddy bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe Do not open it! ... Go to Edit and choose "Select All" to highlight the file without opening it. ... Open a new e-mail message ... I did and got rid of it... ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: CardStealer.
    ... Are they saying that it is not a virus, ... > achieved by using remote Formmail scripts to send form data to a specified ... > be encrypted by checking that the lock icon in the status bar is closed. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • CardStealer.
    ... Are they saying that it is not a virus, ... achieved by using remote Formmail scripts to send form data to a specified ... be encrypted by checking that the lock icon in the status bar is closed. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Windows XP Freezing & Locking Totally
    ... >I have re-installed Nortons AV from scratch. ... Bell & got all the latest updates. ... I also have the Task Bar at the bottom, ... >>specific name of the virus, ...
  • RE: virtual memory
    ... a balloon comes up at the bar at the bottom of the screen ... I use McAfee for Virus. ... >> I keep getting a notice that my virtual memory is low ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)