Re: REVIEW: "Network Security Essentials", William Stallings

From: Bruce Barnett (spamhater95+U040517221547_at_grymoire.com)
Date: 05/18/04

Date: 18 May 2004 02:15:55 GMT

johnrobbinhoods@hotmail.com (John) writes:

> I am totally green on the subject of network security and want to know
> whether this book will really give me the basic concepts.
> Who knows whether it does?

It covers some nice concepts. I like the taxonomy he uses to describe
classes of vulnerability. But it depends on what you are looking
for. No single book will help. It won't help you close holes, for instance.

  • Re: John Lennon and his glasses...
    ... You mean John? ... familiar with the basic concepts of Marxism (as evidenced by the inclusion ... She tested positive for gonorrhea. ...
    (rec.music.beatles)
  • Re: REVIEW: "Network Security Essentials", William Stallings
    ... johnrobbinhoods@hotmail.com writes: ... > whether this book will really give me the basic concepts. ... Sending unsolicited commercial e-mail to this account incurs a fee of ... and acknowledges the legality of this contract. ...
    (comp.security.misc)