Re: What if no firewall when using eDonkey or Kazaa?

From: Laurence Payne (l_at_laurenceDELETEpayne.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: 05/15/04

Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 11:59:46 +0100

On 15 May 2004 02:06:30 -0700, mikemurray77@hotmail.com (miner) wrote:

>> If you're connected to the Internet, you need a firewall.
>>

>i agree. if msblaster and sasser aren't good enough arguments for
>having a firewall, i don't know what is.

They are good arguments for protecting yourself. We've been
discussing whether a firewall is a necessary part of this protection.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Alternative to Norton Internet Security?
    ... I have net experienced any viruses or other unwanted downloads / attacks. ... Is there an alternative security software/system available that is as good at protecting my system but without the cost in system performance? ... What WinXP's firewall does not do, is protect you from any Trojans or spyware that you might download and install inadvertently. ... it is incumbent upon each and every computer user to learn how to secure his/her own computer. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Making Outpost work
    ... >> I am finding it quite hard configuring this firewall. ... Protecting a computer is a complex task, ... >> I do NOT REALLY NEED FEATURES for mail attachments, cookies, ActiveX, ... >> better than others but I would have like even more reporting tools). ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Making Outpost work
    ... >> I am finding it quite hard configuring this firewall. ... Protecting a computer is a complex task, ... >> I do NOT REALLY NEED FEATURES for mail attachments, cookies, ActiveX, ... >> better than others but I would have like even more reporting tools). ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Making Outpost work
    ... >> I am finding it quite hard configuring this firewall. ... Protecting a computer is a complex task, ... >> I do NOT REALLY NEED FEATURES for mail attachments, cookies, ActiveX, ... >> better than others but I would have like even more reporting tools). ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • RE: [fw-wiz] CERT vulnerability note VU# 539363
    ... So will anything south of a firewall- hosts aren't immune to flooding ... firewall is doing its job- stopping packets when there's an attack- ... aren't "protecting" external services like Web servers. ... one detailed in the vulnerability note) immediately, ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)