Re: Jealousy

From: FromTheRafters (!0000_at_nomad.fake)
Date: 05/11/04

Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 17:43:27 -0400

"^reaper^" <knocking@deaths.door> wrote in message news:fdc02a85d372f89034abc22a3056a4aa@deaths.door...

> In <109v9shpr31g7c5@corp.supernews.com>, FromTheRafters
> <!0000@nomad.fake> says...
> >
> > "^reaper^" <knocking@deaths.door> wrote in message
> >
> > > P.s. this exercise demonstrates the obstacles VRS must overcome.
> > > Context provides a means to choose the correct words... for
> > > example, to, two, and too. This is why early VRS produced results
> > > that, while phonetically correct, were not only grammatically
> > > incorrect, but generally pure gibberish. The present systems are
> > > of course better, yet far from perfect.
> >
> > You seem to be confusing voice recognition with speech recognition.
> > Voice recognition attempts to identify a speaker by voiceprinting
> > and speech recognition attempts to identify what words are being
> > spoken by the speaker (otherwise known as "speech to text"
> > translation).
>
> Thus spaketh rafterboi, reminding us all, the bowels of juicenet are
> the wellspring from which floweth all knowledge.

Alway willing to help those less fortunate than me. :O)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Vista Speech Recognition
    ... Speech recognition has a long way to go but I must say I tried "Dragon Naturally Speaking" and Vista Speech Recognition worked much better and was much more intuitive. ... There are only a few contexts in which voice recognition works well, one of them being a court reporter who repeats everything said into a mic held in a mask, and the reporting software converts this speech to text. ... Windows XP Associate Expert ... The information in this mail/post is supplied "as is". ...
  • Re: Jealousy
    ... > Context provides a means to choose the correct words... ... This is why early VRS produced results that, ... You seem to be confusing voice recognition with speech recognition. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: voice
    ... > is there a speech recognition for office 2000 or is there anyother ... > way to make your microphne work with out it ... Voice recognition isn't part of any version of Office. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Voice-Recognition & Linux. Still a fantasy??
    ... Speech recognition is one of those areas that doesn't lend itself to Open ... voice recognition until such time as it is nearly perfect). ... consumer speech recognition have not made major inroads into the Linux ... Integrating a voice recognition API into a few specific applications is not ...
    (comp.os.linux.powerpc)
  • Re: Jealousy
    ... This is why early VRS produced results ... >> that, while phonetically correct, were not only grammatically ... > You seem to be confusing voice recognition with speech recognition. ...
    (alt.computer.security)