Re: How is Sophos Antivirus?

From: John (john.veldhuisSTOPSPAM_at_universal.nl)
Date: 05/11/04

Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 13:03:14 +0200

Richard wrote:

> I use Sophos to protect my network, and have not had an infection in 4
> years. I highly recommend it!

Same here. I have been using it since 1997.

> Sophos is by far superior to the latest version of NAV.

Most AV software is far superior to NAV / Symantec AV, imho.

Groetjes
   John

Relevant Pages

  • Re: best current anti virus software?
    ... Did you try to Symantec NIS 2005 and 2006? ... BTW, I think its not right to generalize that Symantec is crappy as my ... Shane is pretty right on about the corporate version of NAV and there's ... Symantec Corporate Edition is a much leaner application than the home ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: Thinking about buying Nortons AntiVirus
    ... Wrong again on the second count, I never mentioned Symantec products were great. ... Brian A. Sesko ... I have used NAV 2001 on a Windows 98se ... I doubt anyone on this group would recommend Norton, or, to a lesser degree McCaffee. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • [Full-Disclosure] Re: Norton AntiVirus 2002 fails to scan files with ...
    ... so that one is silently fixed by Symantec. ... > that will crash NAV ... > report before, did you? ... with special ASCII char. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: strange problem
    ... I was sort of teasing. ... I have had various Norton (Symantec) versions and products (NAV, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: OT Problem Resolved - MSN Messenger wont stop "starting"
    ... I sent the file to Symantec for analysis, ... NAV initially did not pick up this infection. ... > I sent it off to Symantec for analysis, and it came back clean. ...