Re: Windows vulnerability vs Linux vulnerability [Re: Would a firewall

From: Rowland (arero68.IS.A.SPAMMER_at_hanmail.net)
Date: 05/07/04

Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 14:38:04 -0400

Lars M. Hansen wrote:

>On Thu, 06 May 2004 12:10:53 -0400, Rowland spoketh
>

>>1. So security patches are a bad thing? In that case, don't install any!
>>

>No, the patches are not bad, but there's a correlation between
>vulnerabilities and patches that you're missing. Usually, there's a
>patch for a vulnerability, thus by counting patches one can approximate
>the number of vulnerabilities.

I'm not missing the correlation. I'm questioning it. You haven't
controlled for all the variables here. That's my point. All patches
are not equal.

--
Spammers: arero68@hanmail.net business@99peak.com epschao@sogiant.twmail.net
gagq@gagq.com good_day@sendmailforyou.com imc911@netian.com kim@derek.nl