Re: Windows vulnerability vs Linux vulnerability [Re: Would a firewall

From: Rowland (arero68.IS.A.SPAMMER_at_hanmail.net)
Date: 05/07/04

Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 14:38:04 -0400

Lars M. Hansen wrote:

>On Thu, 06 May 2004 12:10:53 -0400, Rowland spoketh
>

>>1. So security patches are a bad thing? In that case, don't install any!
>>

>No, the patches are not bad, but there's a correlation between
>vulnerabilities and patches that you're missing. Usually, there's a
>patch for a vulnerability, thus by counting patches one can approximate
>the number of vulnerabilities.

I'm not missing the correlation. I'm questioning it. You haven't
controlled for all the variables here. That's my point. All patches
are not equal.

--
Spammers: arero68@hanmail.net business@99peak.com epschao@sogiant.twmail.net
gagq@gagq.com good_day@sendmailforyou.com imc911@netian.com kim@derek.nl

Relevant Pages

  • [Full-Disclosure] RE: Internet explorer 6 execution of arbitrary code (An analysis of the 180 Soluti
    ... And again each and every one of the method caching vulnerabilities liu and ... individuals, there I many many reasons why I dislike pivx, but I don't think ... registry patches nothing more, nothing less.. ... But ask yourself how seriously can you take a company that names 5 registry ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • RE: Patching
    ... There seems to be at least 5 or 6 new vulnerabilities released on ... As information security people, ... at those patches you need for what you do have running. ... network analyzers. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: controversial paper
    ... > vulnerabilities not related to Blaster were still not patched. ... the same as "Microsoft hatred" as you claimed there. ... >of and has developed patches for. ... WORMS rely on publicly known issues. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Which Router for VPN and Webhosting
    ... > hats find the vulnerabilities before the white hats do. ... > seem to get most of their holes patched before the exploits hit the net. ... patches. ... who took a one-year "web programming" course, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Which Router for VPN and Webhosting
    ... > hats find the vulnerabilities before the white hats do. ... > seem to get most of their holes patched before the exploits hit the net. ... patches. ... who took a one-year "web programming" course, ...
    (alt.computer.security)