Off topic but...

From: Lu Tze (lztue_at_Ankhmorpork.com)
Date: 05/07/04

Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 15:41:06 +0000 (UTC)

Right, like a plonker I didn't research my subject sufficiently so now
have to ask the question.
I have a speedtouch usb modem and Dlink non-usb wireless router.
Now, the usb modem will not connect to the router via it's ethernet
connector so I need to overcome this. Does anyone know of an adapter
that will enable the usb cable of the modem to the wan port on the
router? Or, can anyone recommend a modem suitable for the above
situation. Non-usb ethernet modems seem to be difficult to get hold of.
Maybe I haven't looked hard enough.

"Whale Oil Beef Hooked."
"Lu Tze."

Relevant Pages

  • Router Enquiery
    ... SpeedTouch 330 USB modem with the package. ... EthernetFast Cable/DSL Router - or a Cable Router as mentioned in other ... Is the only way via an Ethernet Router? ...
  • Re: Minimum necessary to connect PC to broadband
    ... Why did you put modem in quotes there? ... Follow the advice and get a router, ... power, for other devices to use your network connection. ... I know the arguments in favour of a router, but I also ran a USB modem ...
    (uk.telecom)
  • Re: Bulldog Broadband
    ... Bulldog provide a USB modem. ... router, will I be able to use everything like normal? ... Second - anyone know what the contention rate is like on their 8Mb ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • Re: using ppp reboots machine
    ... I connect to internet using ThomsonSpeedtouch USB modem. ... This is not part of freebsd so don't complain here if it doesn't work. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: adsl problems with windows XP
    ... I would simply dump the USB modem and buy a router. ... >>> Dont know anyone else with DSL, but have plugged modem into another PC ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)