Re: Want to block IM Ports

From: Rowland (arero68.IS.A.SPAMMER_at_hanmail.net)
Date: 05/06/04

Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 11:15:33 -0400

BJH wrote:

>Is there an easy(and free) way to block the ports used by IM's, as well a
>way to block chat rooms. I have done a google search and seem to land on
>pay only options, I was hoping someone here had a free, easy to us solution.
>
>Or a cheap pay version is fine as well.

Well, that's an interesting problem. For starters, there's an awful lot
of IM prgorams out there. For example, AOL uses 5590, and IRC is
usually 6667. Microsoft's IM uses arbitrary ports, so it won't be
trivial to firewall.

What specificially are you looking to block?

--
Spammers: arero68@hanmail.net business@99peak.com epschao@sogiant.twmail.net
gagq@gagq.com good_day@sendmailforyou.com imc911@netian.com kim@derek.nl

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Dampness, Roof Leak in Mobile Home
    ... the details with Farmall holding the funds to pay the contractor ... why go through the trouble of moving it to someone's land if ... and it's only a 1000 sqft house, wouldn't clear enough to make it ...
    (misc.rural)
  • Re: Bush Sez "The Economy is "GREAT"????
    ... Why is it we now pay more for a pound of fruit ... Islander easily picked up that thought, and added that the Affordability Index plunging downward, is an indication and strong suggestion that the mass society is becoming increasingly priced out of the market for houses. ... Here in Hawaii with the median price of a home or condominium at ridiculously high levels, how can you change the dynamics at work, if you do not figure out a way to increase the availability of jobs that pay well, and have the workers that can do the job. ... The problem is that we have few resources other than the land which is limited and we are severely limited in what we can do to compete with mainland markets for goods and services that we might produce simply because our supply lines and transportation costs are higher than for similar businesses on the mainland. ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Scottish land beats English prices
    ... ask to hunt, with permission granted. ... with the men and boys all going out hunting together. ... As time passed, and land values rose, some who had money and enjoyed ... previous landowners when they couldn't pay their loans. ...
    (uk.business.agriculture)
  • Re: Bush Sez "The Economy is "GREAT"????
    ... Why is it we now pay more for a pound of fruit ... The Affordability Index, published by the National Association of Realtors, has plunged 20 points nationally over the past three years and more in the northeast and west. ... Even if houses were to rise in price(as they generally do, over time), if salaries and incomes of the working middle class rise, then affordability remains low. ... The problem is that we have few resources other than the land which is limited and we are severely limited in what we can do to compete with mainland markets for goods and services that we might produce simply because our supply lines and transportation costs are higher than for similar businesses on the mainland. ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Suggestions for a charging framework
    ... walkers only walk in a *very small* percentage of the countryside. ... Whilst Access Land ... You wouldn't want to pay for a ticket for a swimming ... used for recreational walking, climbing etc. ...
    (uk.rec.walking)