Re: Windows vulnerability vs Linux vulnerability [Re: Would a firewall prevent Sasser worm?]

From: Rowland (arero68.IS.A.SPAMMER_at_hanmail.net)
Date: 05/06/04

Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 11:00:21 -0400

Leythos wrote:

>In article <FeqdnRwGqovN1wfdRVn-ig@comcast.com>,
>arero68.IS.A.SPAMMER@hanmail.net says...
>

>>4. The solutions to both these problems, are simple, but not easy. The
>>solution to the Microsoft problem is to migrate to non-Microsoft
>>software.
>>

>What utter BS! The solution, while difficult, is to educate the users
>that operate systems without understanding them. Once the Nix systems
>and apps hit the desktop with as many installs as Windows you'll see
>weekly exploits about them too.

I believe I covered that under item 1. That's one of the excuses that
don't impress me.

Having some 20 years of experience with Microsoft operating systems, and
five with Linux, I think I'm qualified to say that the number of
installed seats is not the real problem.

And how is anyone supposed to understand Windows, when the code is kept
secret, except by reverse engineering it? Windows isn't meant to be
understood. It's meant to be run in blind faith. This new shared
source stuff is too little too late, and a transparent reaction to the
open source threat.

--
Spammers: arero68@hanmail.net business@99peak.com epschao@sogiant.twmail.net
gagq@gagq.com good_day@sendmailforyou.com imc911@netian.com kim@derek.nl