Re: Beware when you visit any of these websites

From: N1POP (google_at_n1pop.cjb.net)
Date: 05/05/04

Date: 5 May 2004 12:43:17 -0700

unruh@string.physics.ubc.ca (Bill Unruh) wrote in message news:<c76i5u$aa7$1@string.physics.ubc.ca>...
> google@n1pop.cjb.net (N1POP) writes:
>
> ]http://www.geocities.com/
> ]http://www.nocharge.com/
> ]http://www.yahoo.com/
> ]http://groups.google.com/
>
> Why should we beware anymore than when visiting any web site?

Sorry, I was going through an add-to-the-ridiculous-thread phase. I'm
feeling better now.

To answer your question, though, I find that there are some websites I
trust more than others, with my own being most trustworthy. However,
trust tends to even out when using a browser that is not as
susceptible to malicious code. For example, I go to *.box.sk all the
time for various reasons using lynx and have no worries about the
possibility of malicious code or other tracking/logging devices, but
I'd never visit using IE or even Moz/NS.