Re: Beware when you visit any of these websites

From: N1POP (google_at_n1pop.cjb.net)
Date: 05/05/04

Date: 5 May 2004 12:43:17 -0700

unruh@string.physics.ubc.ca (Bill Unruh) wrote in message news:<c76i5u$aa7$1@string.physics.ubc.ca>...
> google@n1pop.cjb.net (N1POP) writes:
>
> ]http://www.geocities.com/
> ]http://www.nocharge.com/
> ]http://www.yahoo.com/
> ]http://groups.google.com/
>
> Why should we beware anymore than when visiting any web site?

Sorry, I was going through an add-to-the-ridiculous-thread phase. I'm
feeling better now.

To answer your question, though, I find that there are some websites I
trust more than others, with my own being most trustworthy. However,
trust tends to even out when using a browser that is not as
susceptible to malicious code. For example, I go to *.box.sk all the
time for various reasons using lynx and have no worries about the
possibility of malicious code or other tracking/logging devices, but
I'd never visit using IE or even Moz/NS.

Relevant Pages

  • =?ISO-8859-1?Q?BBC_to_spend_=A330million_extra_on_web_site=2C_TV_spend?= =?ISO-8859-
    ... The BBC Trust has approved a £30.7m budget increase for the ... The trust, which is the BBC's governing body, also signed off ... the BBC intends to make savings of £1.9bn over five years. ... the extra money for the BBC's suite of websites was less than ...
    (uk.media.tv.misc)
  • Re: BBC to spend 30million extra on web site, TV spending CUT
    ... the extra money for the BBC's suite of websites was less than ... The trust explained that work would have to be done on the BBC's ... The trust also complained that the BBC's management of the website was ... website went £30m over budget. ...
    (uk.media.tv.misc)
  • Re: Any Last Minute Advice? (Follow-up)
    ... You make me smile too, ... But of course I don't trust feeling great. ... In my experience feeling great is the feeling before the fall. ... very good indicator of manic behavior) ...
    (alt.support.arthritis)
  • Re: To all you smart people..
    ... whatever happened to trust?? ... Well Im 17 years old...and theres a program i have ... |>and I need to find the rest of the websites he has been ... keystroke info would be good too so I can ...
  • Re: how can I trust the driver
    ... But how can I trust it? ... Does it contain malicious code? ... If you are *really* paranoid, you must write your own C compiler. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)