Re: How secure is your Windows Computer?

From: Tim H. (tekphobia_at_comcast.net)
Date: 05/05/04

Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 05:07:52 GMT

"Lars M. Hansen" <badnews@hansenonline.net> wrote in message
news:g24d905bisbkf6a3f2di99rck3gufr4ql6@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 03 May 2004 18:08:00 +0100, Ian Kenefick spoketh
>
> >You have c:/windows
> >
> >by windows directory he was referring I assume to c:/windows or c:/winnt
> >
> >Ian
>
> And, since you obviously doesn't know who Debbie is ... she's the one
that will
> suggest your computer is hacked because it received an ICMP echo
> request, and then suggest you copy your harddrive, send it to the FBI,
> and then reformat your drive before re-installing everything.

Actually, when my PC was hacked, I had to send my drive to Debbie and she
forwarded it to the FBI after she took care of the hackers. Thanks Debbie!

-Tim

> Lars M. Hansen
> http://www.hansenonline.net
> (replace 'badnews' with 'news' in e-mail address)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How secure is your Windows Computer?
    ... > suggest your computer is hacked because it received an ICMP echo ... Actually, when my PC was hacked, I had to send my drive to Debbie and she ... forwarded it to the FBI after she took care of the hackers. ... > Lars M. Hansen ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: How secure is your Windows Computer?
    ... > forwarded it to the FBI after she took care of the hackers. ... Thanks Debbie! ... Checked by AVG anti-virus system. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: How secure is your Windows Computer?
    ... > forwarded it to the FBI after she took care of the hackers. ... Thanks Debbie! ... Checked by AVG anti-virus system. ...
    (alt.computer.security)