Re: How secure is your Windows Computer?

From: FromTheRafters (!0000_at_nomad.fake)
Date: 05/03/04

Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 11:08:02 -0400

"Conor" <conor_turton@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:MPG.1b0047176b277b5a98a5aa@news.claranews.com...
> In article <47730f14.0405022323.1038b307@posting.google.com>,
> mailbox62001@yahoo.com says...
> > Let's all go to our C:Windows Directory after we have made all of our
> > files in this directory visible. Tell the group the names of the
> > Folders and Files which show as a light color and let's discuss this.
> > Dangerous code is always discovered in this directory and but you
> > need to enable the Windows Features to (view or show) all Hidden
> > Files.
> >
> > Let's see how secure your computer actually really is!
> >
> ROFL...priceless.

I was thinking almost the same thing, worthless. ;o)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How secure is your Windows Computer?
    ... >> Folders and Files which show as a light color and let's discuss this. ... >> Let's see how secure your computer actually really is! ... I was thinking almost the same thing, worthless. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: delete files w/zeros
    ... DoD 5220.22-M ... Anytime you see "DoD 5220.22-M compliant for standards of cleaning and ... children, but believe me it works great for securing files, folders, ... Are you telling me I can keep my secret stuff and just secure it? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: use of random alphanumeric folder names
    ... I am using .htaccess and .htpasswd. ... Generally Apache discourage relying on .htaccess for security (much ... company as I know one which does allow the creation of folders outside ... They this is secure but seems not to be secure to me? ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Security / encryption
    ... I am looking for a way to secure key files. ... Password protection offers some ... I have looked at encryption ... folders. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)