Re: How secure is your Windows Computer?

From: Mike (nospam_at_notherematey.com)
Date: 05/03/04

Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 13:00:45 +0100

"mailbox" <mailbox62001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:47730f14.0405022323.1038b307@posting.google.com...
> Let's all go to our C:Windows Directory after we have made all of our
> files in this directory visible. Tell the group the names of the
> Folders and Files which show as a light color and let's discuss this.
> Dangerous code is always discovered in this directory and but you
> need to enable the Windows Features to (view or show) all Hidden
> Files.
>
> Let's see how secure your computer actually really is!

I don't have a c:\windows directory!
I have a C:\WINNT. Is that any good?

When I try to view files in that directory it says my Administrator won't
allow me. Have I been hacked?

My other computer has \root \etc \var but no C:? I tried creating a \Windows
directory but it said I didn't have permission.

Please help me.........

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How secure is your Windows Computer?
    ... > need to enable the Windows Features to all Hidden ... > Let's see how secure your computer actually really is! ... When I try to view files in that directory it says my Administrator won't ... directory but it said I didn't have permission. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: [Q] Beef Up Active Directory
    ... RunAs is a powerful tool for elminiating administrator account over usage. ... To establish secure boundaries carefully design your Active Directory ... Build your DCs in a secure environment, ... Secure Service Administrator accounts: ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • resol
    ... Verify that the user who is trying to install the hotfix or the update has local Administrator permissions. ... You do not have permission to update Windows XP with local admin rights ... We have local admin rights on the workstations. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: 837272 & 839643 Updates wont install on W2K SP4 domain PCs - Permission Error
    ... > 3.455: Failed To Enable SE_BACKUP_PRIVILEGE> 3.565: Setup encountered an error: You do not have> permission to update Windows 2000. ... > Please contact your system administrator. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Are We Addressing Cyber Crime Backwards
    ... That's like saying vehicle wrecks are the vehicle's fault. ... I cannot say that Windows is the most secure OS. ... the administrator does what they can to keep the computer ... Would you use a faulty unsafe screw driver? ...
    (microsoft.public.security)