Re: Google Groups

From: Don Kelloway (dkelloway_at_commodon.com)
Date: 04/29/04

Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 23:33:54 GMT

"Leythos" <void@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.1aeed822ea78f0e598a3e2@news-server.columbus.rr.com...
> In article <4084d00c$0$67526$ee9da40f@news.wanadoo.nl>,
> this@ddress.is.invalid says...
> > Barry Margolin <barmar@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

"dejagoogle" is

> > > He must be an older user. Before Google acquired it, it was
DejaNews.
> > > And even after several years, he can't let it go.
> >
> > Yes, I know. That is why I said "confusing".
> >
> > Frank "A really old user, who uses the *right* term." Slootweg
>
> There are some of us that were on before Deja started, some of us
> started with old 110 Baud modems in the very early 80's. BM is one of
> the people I respect in these groups.

Whoa! 110 baud?

My first was a 300 back in the early 80's. I used it for Usenet, Gopher
and BBS's. Gawd! I certainly don't miss those phone bills! Of course
it wasn't until a year later that I *upgraded* to a 1200 and began
hosting my own BBS! Whew what a difference that made. ye-haw!

--
Best regards, Don Kelloway
Commodon Communications

Relevant Pages