Re: IP Masking

From: kulm_nd (kn_at_NOISP.net)
Date: 03/31/04

Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 12:33:50 GMT

I doubt masking your IP will have anything to do with stopping spam. Not
using your real e-mail address or munging it helps, spam filtering helps and
using a username that is unusual and includes a - or _ or any other
allowable symbol helps.

Hiding your IP helps keep the internal network from being hacked but a good
software firewall does a very good job for a single computer.

g-w
"RedRider" <redrider@rogers.com> wrote in message
> I was reading in this group and found a link to a program (trial) for an
IP