Re: is my pc being used to launch DoS attacks ?

From: tarquinlinbin (fleagle_at_myrealbox.com)
Date: 03/31/04

    Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 09:52:26 +0100

    On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 15:13:48 -0800, "Kevin" <kevincf@exciteFOR2.com>
    wrote:

    >You shouldn't be seeing any connect attempts at all. The router should be
    >rendering your system invisible. Go to www.dslreports.com and use their
    >tools to run a port scan on your machine. You want your machine to be
    >completely stealthy. I don't have a router but I do have DSL modem and I
    >use Zone Alarm Pro as my firewall. When I run the port scan test from
    >dlsreports I always find my machine totally stealthy and undetected. Have
    >you sent email to the abuse department at the website these attacks are
    >originating from?

    I'm not an expert but the connect attempts appear to be outgoing from
    my pc rather than incoming!!,thats what worries me!

    • Re: is my pc being used to launch DoS attacks ?
      ... >rendering your system invisible. ... >tools to run a port scan on your machine. ... >dlsreports I always find my machine totally stealthy and undetected. ... >you sent email to the abuse department at the website these attacks are ...
    • Re: bitmap printer driver
      ... the rendering plugin often runs in the context of the spooler process which ... port instead and have the user provide the filename when he/she prints ... as opposed to the rendering plug-in providing the filename back to the user. ...